Ad honorem communitatis - For the Honor of the Community
As a member of NFG Gaming and the 11th Airborne Division MILSIM Unit (henceforth referred to as The Unit), it is your duty to oppose all enemies of The Unit and the community in virtual combat. The behavior of All NFG Gaming Members, and The Unit is guided by the Code of Conduct which has evolved from the heroic history, real life experiences and deeds of our members during our years of operation as a community. The values by which we expect all members to operate by while a member of our community are best expressed by our Code of Conduct, our Rules of Engagement and our General Orders. When you apply to become a member of NFG Gaming, you agreed to abide by, uphold, and defend this Code of Conduct at all times. As a member of NFG Gaming and/or The Unit, you have these obligations to the community, The Unit and your fellow members - even if the Code of Conduct had never been designed and implemented as a high standard of general behavior for our membership.
To live up to the Code, you must know not only its words, but the ideas and precepts behind those words. Think of this Code of Conduct is an ethical guide. The articles below deal with your chief concerns as a member of the NFG Gaming Community and/or The Unit and describe the not only the ideal, but practical ethos that each member should live by and uphold at all times during their time as a member of this community.
Article I - Probity
Inherent to all people of all races and creeds is the sense of knowing right from wrong. This inbuilt awareness serves to keep us on a path of rightness and fortitude of principle and practice. Simply put, All NFG Gaming Members and/or The Unit are expected to do the right thing or make the right decision, not because it is the easy way out, but because it is ethically and morally correct; regardless of the final outcome or result.
- • Do the right thing every time.
- • Uphold and comply with all ethical and written standards (this Code, Rules of Engagement, General Orders, etc.) that apply to All NFG Gaming Members.
Article II - Decorum
NFG Members use proper decorum and show respect by speaking and acting with courtesy to fellow members and Public Players alike. We treat our fellow members, guest to our servers and members of other MILSIM units (allies or neutral) with dignity and honor. Respect yourself and others will respect you.
- • Treat all NFG members and guest of the community with respect, dignity and empathy.
- • All verbal, nonverbal and written communication, both within the community's own mediums (other forums, game servers, voice chat, etc.) and mediums outside the community (e.g. other clanís forum, game servers, etc.) will be conducted in a mutually respectful manner at all times.
Article III - Honor
Members of the NFG Gaming Community and/or The Unit will walk the path that ensures the overall preservation of self respect and self esteem over and above ones personal gain, well being, or convenience.
- • Do not lie or cheat, nor tolerate those who do.
- • Be honest; honorable in all encounters, principles, intentions and actions with all members and our guest.
Article IV - Loyalty
Members of the NFG Gaming Community and/or The Unit exhibit a very clear and non-negotiable commitment to both The Unit and fellow members of the NFG Gaming Community.
- • The Unit above all else (in the virtual world).
- • Be devoted to your duties.
- • Support the leadership of the NFG Gaming Community and/or The Unit
- • Always stand by your fellow NFG Members.
Article V - Courage
Members of the NFG Gaming Community and/or The Unit will display courage, not just on the virtual battlefield, but courage to gather the strength of character to walk the righteous path - no matter the outcome.
- • Facing moral fear or adversity; continuing forward on the right path, especially if taking those actions is not popular with others.
- • Standing up for and acting upon the things that you know to be honorable.